[linux-dvb] Re: Preparation for 1.1.1 release: Testers wanted

linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org <> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've tagged the files for the linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 release
> in CVS. It would be nice if some of you could find the time
> to check if the drivers build and work fine, especially with
> the latest dvb_frontend changes.
>
> If nothing serious shows up I plan to push out the release on friday.
>
> How to test:
> - check out dvb-kernel from CVS
> - "make release" to generate the release tarball
> - unpack the tarball somewhere else and build/test; don't forget
>   to get firmware and copy it to the appropriate location,   if your
> driver needs one
>
> Note: The next dvb-apps release will be done separately in
> maybe one or two weeks.

I just tried 1.1.1 and I get compile errors unless I change the symlink
build-2.4/include/linux/videodev2.h to point to ../../videodev2.h
The link was pointing to /lib/modules/2.4.24/build/include/linux/videodev2.h
I get the errors in videobuf.c line 495 V4L2_BUF_FLAG_INPUT is undefined
because it uses the wrong header file.

The kernel I use is patched with the 0.9 bttv drivers (patch-2.4.24-kraxel)
because I have a bt878 card in the same computer.

This version seems to work no worse as it shoud, or maybe I shoud say not
worse than the previous version.