[linux-dvb] Re: Typhoon DVB-S

Christian Gmeiner writes:
 > > Sorry, no idea if the linuxtv drivers support this card.
 > >
 > > You can try the 2.6.x drivers from the last snapshot on our page.
 > > (copy DVB/dvb-kernel directory to your kernel source and select KNC card)
 > Ok i have tried it, but with 2 warnings:
 >
 > WARNING:
 > /lib/modules/2.6.4-rc1/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb-core.ko needs
 > unkown symbol register_sound_dsp
 > WARNING:
 > /lib/modules/2.6.4-rc1/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb-core.ko needs
 > unkown symbol unregister_sound_dsp
 >
 > If i modprobe the modles i get:
 > FATAL: Error inserting dvb-core
 > (/lib/modules/2.6.4-rc1/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvb-core.ko):
 > Unkown symbol
 > in module, or unkown paramter (see dmesg)
 >
 > dmesg:
 > dvb_core: Unkown symbol register_sound_dsp
 > dvb_core: Unkown symbol unregister_sound_dsp
 >

 > I have insalled a fresh 2.6.4-rc1 kernel and copied your dirver:
 > cp -rfdv dvb-driver/linux /usr/src/linux
 >
 > Whats worng?

Our driver includes a layer which registers a sound device for the
full featured cards which allows you to use normal sound applications
with those cards.
This is not (cannot be) used in KNC/Typhoon cards but since it is part
of dvb_core it gets compiled anyway. So, you need to add OSS sound support
to the kernel. I guess we should make this configurable so that
dvb_dsp is only added if full-featured cars are enabled.

Ralph