[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel OOPS

On Friday 05 March 2004 11:17, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Well, Holger, you keep repeating over and over that the av7110 driver
> is "broken" and that this is "ancient" hardware and how great "modern"
> hardware ist - but IMHO you totally neglect that the av7110 still is probably
> the most widely used hardware! People have invested real money into these
> full featured DVB cards and just don't want to throw them away.
> Plus, there just isn't any reasonable alternative

Full-featured ack. ;-)

> Also: are there any
> budget cards already that have drivers that support CAMs? I have to admit that
> I don't know that.

AFAIK there is _no_ budget card driver with CI support under linux.

And, unless there is a hardware or firmware CSA descrambler on the card, you
will never be able to decrypt pay-tv in a legal way.
IANAL, but I don't think that anyone can write a CSA descrambler under GPL.

Oliver