[linux-dvb] Re: Kernel OOPS

Ralph Metzler wrote:

Oliver Endriss writes:
> > Also: are there any
> > budget cards already that have drivers that support CAMs? I have to admit that
> > I don't know that.
> > AFAIK there is _no_ budget card driver with CI support under linux.

No public and GPLed ones.
There are drivers for KNC and Twinhan cards.
> And, unless there is a hardware or firmware CSA descrambler on the card, you
> will never be able to decrypt pay-tv in a legal way.
> IANAL, but I don't think that anyone can write a CSA descrambler under GPL.

There already are plenty available under GPL.
But you might get problems with the patent if you do not have enough money
to defend yourself against (currently actually still) illegal software patents.

right, some lawyers might run amok, but you should be able to win the lawsuit -- at time of patent application it was definitely not possible to protect software, mathematical formulas and algorithms by patents in europe.

Holger