[linux-dvb] Re: tt dvb-c 2.1 and signal quality

 > > I get more errors when running setiathome while using czap but this
 > > is on a computer that has lots of errors in windows as well.
 > >

 > It's strange that signal quality is affected by cpu usage (for better or
 > worse), I mean isn't everything done in hardware when I use the tvout from
 > the card?
 >
 > Is dvb cards more sensitive to interference than other tv cards? If so where
 > is the interference coming from? Powersuply? Cpu? Or something else?

I had a case myself where interferences started after upgrading from a
600 MHz Duron to a 1200 MHz Duron. High CPU usage directly caused dropouts
in a version 1.3 full-featured TT DVB-S card. Cooling the card only helped a
little. Exchanging the power supply solved it. The faster Duron just
needed more power and the DVB card was very susceptible to slight variations
(or even small dropouts) in the power, especially when the demodulator was
already running hot.

Ralph