[linux-dvb] Re: tt dvb-c 2.1 and signal quality

linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org <> wrote:
>  > > I get more errors when running setiathome while using
> czap but this
>  > > is on a computer that has lots of errors in windows as well.  > >
>  >
>  > It's strange that signal quality is affected by cpu usage (for
>  better or > worse), I mean isn't everything done in hardware when I
> use the tvout from
>  > the card?
>  >
>  > Is dvb cards more sensitive to interference than other tv
> cards? If so where
>  > is the interference coming from? Powersuply? Cpu? Or
> something else?
>

> I had a case myself where interferences started after upgrading from a
> 600 MHz Duron to a 1200 MHz Duron. High CPU usage directly
> caused dropouts
> in a version 1.3 full-featured TT DVB-S card. Cooling the
> card only helped a
> little. Exchanging the power supply solved it. The faster Duron just
> needed more power and the DVB card was very susceptible to
> slight variations
> (or even small dropouts) in the power, especially when the
> demodulator was already running hot.

My problem is the reverse, but I was going to get a new powersuply for my
other computer, so when I get it I gues I coud switch them and see if it
helps.
I'll make sure I get a powersuply that is a bit more powefull than the one I
have now.

Now that I think about it, maybe the dvb card and powesuply is the cause of
some of the other problems I have had with the computer.
A few days ago I got some strange lockups, it looked like disk problems. At
that time I had not loaded any dvb drivers
The next boot I loaded the dvb drivers and I have not seen any of the disk
problems again.

So maybe the powersupply is not powefull enough, so it caused other
problems.