[linux-dvb] Re: Unable to lock drivers with DVB 1.1.1 driversand TT DVB-C

Robert Schlabbach wrote:
I have a Siemens DVB-C and it works perfect (better than ever before)
with the current drivers.

I own a Hauppauge DVB-C and haven't noticed any problems either.

DVB-Driver: 1.1.1
VDR: vdr-1.3.4 (for tuning and recording;
I don't know anything about czap)
Display: tvtime-0.9.9

CPU: AMD-XP2000
Graphics-card: Leadtek A310-TD with Nvidia FX5600
Graphics-driver: NVIDIA-5336

Kernel: 2.6.3
Compiler: gcc-3.2.3

One remark to xawtv-3.91

XawTv now runs with both Nvidia-card and -driver(5336), but makes stripes in the mode "grabdisplay".

1) Output of "xawtv -hwscan"

This is xawtv-3.91, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.3)
looking for available devices
port 143-143
type : Xvideo, image scaler
name : NV17 Video Overlay

port 144-175
type : Xvideo, image scaler
name : NV05 Video Blitter

port 176-176 [ -xvport 176 ]
type : Xvideo, video overlay
name : NVIDIA Video Interface Port

/dev/video0: OK [ -device /dev/video0 ]
type : v4l2
name : dvb
flags: overlay capture

2) Hence I start xawtv using "xawtv -c /dev/video0"
I get a screen w/o any stripes or distortions.
But when I switch to "grabdisplay", half the picture is filled with stripes. It looks like some kind of synchronisation-problem. I some one tells me how to make a snap-shot from xawtv, I can send such distorted picture. As stated above, "TvTime" runs perfect.

Ciao Ruediger D.