[linux-dvb] Re: problem with 1.1.1 and VDR grab

Hello Peter,

On 03/11/04 23:37, Peter Siering wrote:
after switching from DVB 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 the VDR grab command no longer
works for me. After calling ioctl(videoDev, VIDIOCGCAP, &vc) VDR 1.2.6
dies with a segfault, leaving a kernel page fault.
Can you please send me oops?

After diving some
hours in CVS diffs, sources and gdb I've no clue, what may have changed
- may be someone else?
The diff shows that I've merged Gerd Knorrs changes in the various Video4Linux modules. Especially video-buf.c holds stuff that has to do with video capture, so perhaps some bug has crept in.

Can you give me some informations about your system?
- kernel version used
- kernel patches applied
- name application that triggers the capture ioctl
- and a cooking recipe how to reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

Peter
I can confirm that 1.1.1 contains a bug that produces a kernel oops through the v4l1 compatibility layer when using "kvdr". Taking a snapshot via "space" then quitting the application will cause a kernel oops.

I'm working on it, the fix for preventing the oops is easy. But it looks like "kvdr" needs to be changed in order to work after that change.

CU
Michael.