[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel/stv0299 cvs >20040224

On Saturday 13 March 2004 17:57, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> On Saturday 13 March 2004 16:08, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> > > So what i'm trying to tell you is that INVERSION_OFF won't work for me,
> > > but INVERSION_AUTO and INVERSION_ON do,
> >
> > I _think_ so.
> >
> > > this is on Thor 1W with a Nexus-S
> > > (STV0299, tuner BSRU6, TDQB-S00x). So is Thor 1W using inversion, and
> > > thus i should just stop naging about this, or?
> >
> > Hmm, I dunno, I don't have access to that satellite. However, on hotbird,
> > most channels don't use inversion, except for one (EDTV) which does for
> > some reason.
> >
> > I assume Thor must be using inversion, or some part of your equipment
> > requires it.
> >
> > Don't worry about asking! Otherwise bugs will get missed.
>
> I loaded up the 20040224 cvs drivers and did a quick mod to myth to print
> the returned frontend params from fe_get_frontend, and that reports
> inversion off

There is one other possibility, which I must apologise for forgetting about
until now. The ALPS BSRU6 frontend might need to have the sense of inversion
inverted.. some frontends do (eg. TDA10046).

Looking at the docs closely, this seems likely; it says I should set the value
to 0 for INVERSION_ON, and 1 for INVERSION_OFF.

This is the opposite of the settings required for the su1278-tua5059 tuner.

My apologies for not thinking of this before.