[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel/stv0299 cvs >20040224

On Saturday 13 March 2004 14:59, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> On Saturday 13 March 2004 13:45, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Well, in all my tests, I've tried INVERSION_OFF, INVERSION_ON, and
> > INVERSION_AUTO. INVERSION_OFF/INVERSION_ON are passed directly through to
> > the driver, and work as expected for me. INVERSION_AUTO works fine as
> > well. And I've had no other complaints about inversion.
> >
> > Previously the code flipped the inversion on every tune step attempt, so
> > you could have specified absolutely anything, and it would have worked on
> > high symbol rate channels. This, as I said, broke low symbol rate
> > channels (for me at least) as they're far more sensitive.
>
> So what i'm trying to tell you is that INVERSION_OFF won't work for me, but
> INVERSION_AUTO and INVERSION_ON do,

I _think_ so.

> this is on Thor 1W with a Nexus-S
> (STV0299, tuner BSRU6, TDQB-S00x). So is Thor 1W using inversion, and thus
> i should just stop naging about this, or?

Hmm, I dunno, I don't have access to that satellite. However, on hotbird, most
channels don't use inversion, except for one (EDTV) which does for some
reason.

I assume Thor must be using inversion, or some part of your equipment requires
it.

Don't worry about asking! Otherwise bugs will get missed.