[linux-dvb] Weird DVB-S problem on one site

Hmm, I'm having a very odd DVB-S problem on one client site only. The cards
are TT DVB-S budget SU1278-TUA5059 cards. I've tested the drivers before I
messed with them, but they exhibit the same problems. I've also tested
multiple cards, with the same problems.

The system has one dish pointed at Astra 2 with a Quattro LNB. That is
attached to a multiswitch, and the cards are then attached to that. The
multiswitch is using non-DISEQC switching (i.e. tone/voltage based).

I tested by scanning all transponders on Astra2... Automatically tuned to
each, waited for 60 seconds, then checked the UCBLOCKS counter. Here are the
results:

All transponders below 11700000 are perfect.

Transponders above 11700000 have issues as follows:

*) In the range 11739000->12051000, horizontally polarized signals are
perfect, vertically polarized ones have errors.

*) In the range 12070500->12129000, vertically polarized signals have
errors, horizontally polarized ones do not even tune!

*) In the range 12168000->12285000, vertically polarized signals are
perfect, horizontally polarized ones do not even tune.

*) In the range 12304500->12421000, both vertical and horizontally polarized
signals are perfect.

*) 12441000 (V) has errors
*) 12460500 (H) is perfect
*) 12567000 (V) does not tune
*) 12643000 (H) is perfect

Anyone got any ideas? I've just been checking in the archives, and saw the
stuff about DECT phones causing problems, so we're gonna check into that. Can
anyone think of anything else?

We do not have any problems like this anywhere else.

This doesn't look like the infamous TT DVB-CI-S card issue: we don't lose the
lock on V polarised transponders after a few seconds.