[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

On Sunday 14 March 2004 22:22, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > > It doesn't make much sense to remove the power from the LNB
> > > while sending the DiSEqC sequence, but luckily vdr doesn't
> > > seem to do that ;-)  So, I guess that 'v' is a no-op.
> >
> > 'v'  means voltage low (13V)
> > 'V'  means voltage high (18V)
> >
> > So if there was no voltage before, 'v' will turn on the "low voltage".
>
> Right. I checked vdr source again, and now see how it works.
>
> I would think the frontend driver should power up the LNB upon open,
> and power it down after close.

Thats a good idea; although it would have to be careful not to disturb any
current settings. I like being able to tune with one program, and then use
another to mess about. An additional flag in the frontend private structure
indicating whether it is powered up or down would sort that out...