[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

> When I compiled the latest VDR developer version with the dvb-kernel
> header files, everything compiled just fine - so I would assume that there
> was no change in the API (besides, it has always been emphasized that the
> API did not change between DVB and dvb-kernel).
>
> Sendeing DiSEqC codes in VDR is done via the
>
>    ioctl(fd_frontend, FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD, &cmd));
>
> call - is this no longer the way to go?

According to the DISEQC spec you're supposed to do the following for max.
compatability:
    ioctl(fd, FE_SET_TONE, SEC_TONE_OFF);
    ioctl(fd, FE_SET_VOLTAGE, voltage);
    usleep(15000);
    ioctl(fd, FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD, &dCmd);
    usleep(15000);
    ioctl(fd, FE_DISEQC_SEND_BURST, miniCmd);
    usleep(15000);
    ioctl(fd, FE_SET_TONE, tone);
    usleep(15000);