[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

On Monday 15 March 2004 00:27, Andrew de Quincey wrote:

> So there must still be a change in the av7110 code, which does the DISEQC
> on your card. As far as I can see none of the other changes to ves1x83
> should break anything. Just that there were _two_ driver issues here
> complicated the matter.
>
> Dunno much about the av7110 myself... does the firmware have anything to do
> with DISEQC? Was there a firmware change between 1.0.1 and 1.1.0?

It generates the tone commands by busy-waiting'n'toggling of the GPIO lines on
some of the cards. But this is pretty low-level, all protocol handling is
done in the kernel driver and userspace application.

I don't even know for sure whether the av711x tone modulation code is still
active for any of the cards or whether they're all doing it using the
frontend demodulator GPIO lines and the connected LNBP right now.

Holger