[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

On Sunday 14 March 2004 23:31, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> On Monday 15 March 2004 00:27, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > So there must still be a change in the av7110 code, which does the DISEQC
> > on your card. As far as I can see none of the other changes to ves1x83
> > should break anything. Just that there were _two_ driver issues here
> > complicated the matter.
> >
> > Dunno much about the av7110 myself... does the firmware have anything to
> > do with DISEQC? Was there a firmware change between 1.0.1 and 1.1.0?
>
> It generates the tone commands by busy-waiting'n'toggling of the GPIO lines
> on some of the cards. But this is pretty low-level, all protocol handling
> is done in the kernel driver and userspace application.
>
> I don't even know for sure whether the av711x tone modulation code is still
> active for any of the cards or whether they're all doing it using the
> frontend demodulator GPIO lines and the connected LNBP right now.

I can't really see much else. As Klaus says, even with the incomplete DISEQC
sequence, it worked OK in 1.0.1, yet doesn't in >=1.1.0 (once the LNB power
is on).

In av7110_hw.c, I see it just sends commands at the firmware to send diseqc
commands, and doesn't hit the hardware (as you say). The code I _can_ see
looks pretty much the same as in 1.0.1. Would it be possible to try the 1.0.1
firmware in the 1.1.0 driver?