[linux-dvb] Re: Full featured card summary

Holger Waechtler wrote:

> On Monday 15 March 2004 00:13, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Holger Waechtler wrote:
> > >
> > > The DiSEqC spec requires you to set the appropriate bus voltage before a
> > > DiSEqC command is sent. It also requires that the old-style SEC and
> > > DiSEqC commands are sent compatibly, the behaviour of switches, rotors
> > > and LNBs is not defined if the content of SEC and DiSEqC sequence don't
> > > match. The SEC sequence is mandatory (Voltage, tone and burst). See the
> > > DiSEqC Update and Recommendations for Implementations on the Eutelsat
> > > website:
> > > http://www.eutelsat.org/satellites/pdf/Diseqc/associated
> > > docs/update_recomm_for_implim.pdf, page 36.
> > >
> > > Also check out dvb-apps/test/diseqc.c for a reference implementation.
> >
> > But my DiSEqC equipment _does_ work fine with the DVB driver and sending
> > plain hex codes (like [E0 10 38 F3]). The LNB power issue has been resolved
> > by explicitly turning it on in VDR, so I would expect the DiSEqC equipment
> > to work with dvb-kernel - but it doesn't (at least not reliably)
>
> if it worked before it was pure luck -- if you prefer deterministic behaviour
> should follow the spec...
>
> Holger

Ok, so I have changed the DiSEqC setup in my VDR to

S19.2E  11700 V  9750  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F0] W15 A W15 t
S19.2E  99999 V 10600  t v W15 [E0 10 38 F1] W15 A W15 T
S19.2E  11700 H  9750  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F2] W15 A W15 t
S19.2E  99999 H 10600  t V W15 [E0 10 38 F3] W15 A W15 T

which should be what the "spec" requires, right?
Not much to my surprize this doesn't work, either.
The multiswitch I use ignores any "analog" switching stuff
as soon as it receives the first actual DiSEqC sequence.
So doing the t-v-A-t dance doesn't make any sense.

I also updated the driver to the latest CVS (2004-03-15, 17:31), compiled
both driver and VDR newly, but there was no improvement.

So all I can say is that I still believe DiSEqC handling is broken in
the current dvb-kernel driver.

Klaus