[linux-dvb] Re: 2.6.1 kernel / 1.1.1 drivers compile error

Hello Jon,

On 16.03.2004 12:24, Jon Whitear wrote:
I'm trying to compile the 1.1.1 drivers against a 2.6.1 kernel, becuase
I'm getting the following error when compiling VDR (which I assume is
because of old drivers)

#error VDR requires Linux DVB driver API version 3!
V3 is out for over 1,5 years. It's unlikely that you have such an old driver...

It's more likely that VDR simply doesn't find the required header files or that it finds the wrong files.

Grep through the source of VDR and find the place and the reason for the error message.

I can compile the kernel with the built-in dvb drivers just fine, but when
I use makelinks to link the newer drivers to the kernel and then compile,
I get:
I don't recommend to use "makelinks" anymore, because it messes with your kernel source tree. Instead, build the driver outside of the kernel with "build-2.6" directory.

While you're at it, you can update to 2.6.4, too... 8-)

Thanks,
Jon
CU
Michael.