[linux-dvb] Re: 2.6.1 kernel / 1.1.1 drivers compile error

Michael,

Thanks for that pointer on VDR, I'll check it out.

I have built the drivers separately from the kernel, but I'm having some
problems loading them. It's a bt878 card, so with the original kernel
modules, my modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 looks like this:-

#
# Note that this file is for 2.6 kernels.
#
videodev
bttv card=0x68 i2c_hw=1
dvb-core
v4l1-compat
dst
#bt878
dvb-bt8xx

However, if I try to load the new drivers, I get this:-

teleputer build-2.6 # modprobe videodev
teleputer build-2.6 # modprobe bttv card=0x68 i2c_hw=1
teleputer build-2.6 # insmod dvb-core.o
teleputer build-2.6 # modprobe v4l1-compat
teleputer build-2.6 # insmod dst.o
insmod: error inserting 'dst.o': -1 Unknown symbol in module

I don't know if I'm loading them right! Any hints?

Cheers,

Jon