[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppage nexus-s rev2.2 trouble

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 15:04, Carlo E. Prelz wrote:

> Your card was correctly recognized and all drivers are present. But,
> the status is never 1f. This means that the tuner was not able to lock
> to the signal (look at ...include/dvb/frontend.h - enum fe_status. In
> order to start spewing out bytes, bit FE_HAS_LOCK must be on).
>
> You say that you were successfully receiving with another card. I had
> a very similar experience with a nexus card. Using a nova, I could
> receive all of astra's muxes quite well.  With nexus, many of the
> muxes (there including the one with CNN and the one with ZDF, that you
> have used in your tests), while still being able to lock, would
> generate a data stream full of errors (I mailed the list to find out
> if this was a well-known problem but received no answer...)

it was actually my hauppage pvr350 card that is not a dvb card.

> I did my test here in Rotterdam - thus cannot be too far from your
> location in Belgium. Can you try to tune to the mux on frequency 11568
> Vert.  (symbolrate 22000)? Can you lock to the signal? The mux
> contains many free-to-air stations, including Rai 1 (Italian), RTP
> International (Portuguese) and Al Jazeera. Here, this was one of the
> muxes that were received without errors even with the Nexus.

I used the scan utility and used symbolrate 22000 to scan and not 27500,
now I have some channels where I can lock on with szap. So the cards
works.

I can setup szap in a console, let it run and then use mplayer to play
from /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 with mplayer. But I can't play without using
szap and use

mplayer dvb://somechannel
or xine dvb://somechannel

I did copied the channel.conf file to the right locations. Is mplayer
and xine dvb support broken ? (I tested with mplayer 1.0pre3 and cvs
version, xine-ui-0.9.22, xine-lib-1_rc2)

For info using 2.6.3 gentoo kernel with dvb 1.1.1 drivers

Thanks for the help

Bart