[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppage nexus-s rev2.2 trouble

Bart Heremans wrote:

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 15:04, Carlo E. Prelz wrote:

Your card was correctly recognized and all drivers are present. But,
the status is never 1f. This means that the tuner was not able to lock
to the signal (look at ...include/dvb/frontend.h - enum fe_status. In
order to start spewing out bytes, bit FE_HAS_LOCK must be on).
You say that you were successfully receiving with another card. I had
a very similar experience with a nexus card. Using a nova, I could
receive all of astra's muxes quite well. With nexus, many of the
muxes (there including the one with CNN and the one with ZDF, that you
have used in your tests), while still being able to lock, would
generate a data stream full of errors (I mailed the list to find out
if this was a well-known problem but received no answer...)

it was actually my hauppage pvr350 card that is not a dvb card.

I did my test here in Rotterdam - thus cannot be too far from your
location in Belgium. Can you try to tune to the mux on frequency 11568
Vert. (symbolrate 22000)? Can you lock to the signal? The mux
contains many free-to-air stations, including Rai 1 (Italian), RTP
International (Portuguese) and Al Jazeera. Here, this was one of the
muxes that were received without errors even with the Nexus.

I used the scan utility and used symbolrate 22000 to scan and not 27500,
now I have some channels where I can lock on with szap. So the cards
works.

I can setup szap in a console, let it run and then use mplayer to play
from /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 with mplayer. But I can't play without using
szap and use

mplayer dvb://somechannel
or xine dvb://somechannel

I did copied the channel.conf file to the right locations. Is mplayer
and xine dvb support broken ? (I tested with mplayer 1.0pre3 and cvs
version, xine-ui-0.9.22, xine-lib-1_rc2)

mplayer support is not broken, but remember that so far the diseqc parameter is interpreted differently:
N means LNB N, not N+1.
Besides I know of a bug in its tuning routine that fails at the first attempt in certain circumstances.
I'm going to solve both these problems soon.

BTW 1.1.x drivers are giving a lot of problems to a lot of people; I sticked to 1.0.x

For info using 2.6.3 gentoo kernel with dvb 1.1.1 drivers

Thanks for the help

Bart