[linux-dvb] Re: Installing drivers into 2.6 kernel

Hello,

On 17.03.2004 19:42, lamikr wrote:
How can I install dvb drivers to 2.6 kernel after building them succesfully.
I know that I can load the drivers by going into DVB source directory and running "insmod.sh load"
but I would like to get these drivers loaded automatically (instead of the default ones used in 2.6.3)
by defining settings into /etc/modprope.conf

I have a plenty of *.ko files in build-2.6 directory but kernel have them in a compressed
*.ko.gz format under directory
Do you use a kernel.org kernel or a Mandrake one?
Is this "modules are gzipped" option a standard selectable option?

Should I just compress all *.ko files to *.ko.gz and replace the original ones with the new ones under /lib/modules/2.6.3-4.tmb.1mdk/kernel/drivers/media/dvb?
Mixing in-kernel and CVS driver module files is crying for problems. Make sure you replace *all* modules accordingly.

If I made this addon into Makefile's install section and send a patch into list is there any changes it would be accepted?
Sure, the current Makefile sucks more or less. But don't rely on the "modules are gzipped" feature.

A good approach would probably to remove all in-kernel driver modules when installing the new ones.

Mika
CU
Michael.