[linux-dvb] Re: nova budget / vdr breaks the driver..

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:03:48 +0200, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> > This sounds interesting. What frontend?
> >

> saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
> saa7146_core: found saa7146 @ mem d0a51000 (revision 1, irq 11)
> (0x13c2,0x1005).
> DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
> TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI adapter 0 has MAC addr = mac:goes:here
> DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Grundig 29504-401)...

Using the same frontend (Grundig 29504-401), I experience this same issue as well.

> > The only thing I can imagine is that vdr calls some ioctl
> > before the frontend is fully initialized (the driver should
> > prevent this, of course), and then the frontend
> > crashes and needs to be power-cycled.
> >
> > Can anyone else reproduce this?
> >

> This is reproducible for me atleast.. happens every time.

Happens everytime here too. From a cold boot, loading VDR first instantly makes my DVB system unusable. If I try using tzap or scan immediately afterwards, I cannot obtain any signal. Rebooting usually solves the problem.

> -- Pasi Kärkkäinen

John