[linux-dvb] Re: nova budget / vdr breaks the driver..

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 11:45:27PM +0100, Nico wrote:
> Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> >>saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
> >>saa7146_core: found saa7146 @ mem d0a51000 (revision 1, irq 11)
> >>(0x13c2,0x1005).
> >>DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI).
> >>TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T  PCI adapter 0 has MAC addr = mac:goes:here
> >>DVB: registering frontend 0:0 (Grundig 29504-401)...

> >>This is reproducible for me atleast.. happens every time.
> >>

> >This is the output from mplayer after running vdr:
> >
> >TUNER TYPE SEEMS TO BE DVB-T
> >code taken from dvbstream for mplayer v0.4pre1 - (C) Dave Chapman 2001
> >Released under the GPL.
> >Latest version available from http://www.linuxstb.org/
> >dvb_tune Freq: 554000000
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 6 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 5 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 4 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 3 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 2 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 1 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, return 0 bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 6 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 5 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 4 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 3 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 2 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 1 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, return 0 bytes
> >dvb_streaming_read, attempt N. 6 failed with errno 11 when reading 2048
> >bytes
> >
> >.. and gonna reboot :)
> >
> >-- Pasi Kärkkäinen
> >
> >                                  ^
> >                               .     .
> >                                Linux
> >                             /    -    \
> >                            Choice.of.the
> >                          .Next.Generation.
> >

> I updated mplayer yesterday, please check it out (I didn't flush the
> event queue before tuning).
> BTW I had loads of problems with 1.1.x drivers, so I reverted to 1.0.x.
> Thanks,
>    Nico

I think this problem is not in mplayer, because vdr doesn't work either..

After reboot, if I run mplayer first (it works), then vdr works too.
After reboot, if I run vdr first (it doesn't work), and then mplayer doesn't
work either.

-- Pasi Kärkkäinen

                                   ^
                                .     .