[linux-dvb] Re: VDR-ttxtsubs-0.0.5pre? and dvbtextsubs-0.2

Lars Fredriksson wrote:
From the HISTORY of ttxtsubs-0.0.5:
"
  - Subtitles are now recorded with their PTS (timestamps). Not that
    the timestamps are completely wrong on some channels, this
    may confuse uncareful subtitle extracting software.
"

I think this might apply to dvbtextsubs, because I get the subtitles shown
to early when I record the movie using ttxtsubs-0.0.5, but with
ttxtsubs-0.0.4 it's correct!
I have made a lot of improvements to dvbtextsubs in CVS. It is now part of the "dvbsubs" module in my "dvbtools" project at Sourceforge. You can download the latest CVS of dvbsubs using the command:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/dvbtools co dvbsubs

(all on one line, obviously).

I will try and release a v0.3 soon, but for now, please use CVS.

If you still get problems with the timing of subtitles, please let me know.

The other main improvement is the ability to use a Truetype font (via freetype) when rendering the bitmaps for spumux.

Regards,

Dave.