[linux-dvb] [patch] Again, module use count

Hi everyone,

Last week I sent a mail with a patch to correct the improper handling of the drivers' use count (i.e.: skystar2) when using the net device, and I sent the details of that patch to Holger (for a background on the issue, please read the thread based on the mail "[linux-dvb] usage count misbehaviour with skystar2 / mt312 / dvb-core modules" I sent last month).

Well, Holger has told me that he is pretty busy on a project, and asked me to post the whole thing to the list, for another developer to test it (which is what I'm doing now :-), and possibly, to commit the changes to the CVS.

You can get it at:

http://webs.uolsinectis.com.ar/hmasci/pub/patches/linuxtv-dvb-use_count_patch.tar.bz2

(If there are problems to get it, please mail me).

Note that the only one driver modified to take advantage of the changes in dvb-core is skystar2. The change is just one line in the driver, but I did not change the other drivers because I have no access to the respective cards, so I couldn't have tested them. It is not necessary, however, to modify the other drivers to apply the patch and start using it (but, of course, those drivers which are not changed won't benefit from the changes).

There is no modification needed to apply it to the dvb framework v.1.1.0, but I also included its patch.

Regards,

Hernan.