[linux-dvb] Re: Scan utility and radio stations

Dave Chapman wrote:
> (Your reply only came to me, not to the list - is that what you
> intended?)
>
> Ora Järvinen wrote:
>> Hmmm... FWIW, I set the CA field to 0 and I could receive RTE but it
>> sounded like if you have a very weak signal (squeek, squawk..) while
>> femon showed BER 0 and my STB receives it perfectly...
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, what information is sent for the scrambled
>> channels (or rather, what can be sent - apparently it may not always
>> be correct)?
>
> You should look at the output of my dvbtune program (the "-i" option).
> This dumps the service information from a transponder as a human (and
> computer) readable XML file.  You can download it from
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvbtools/
>
> It may help to look at ETSI EN 300 468, which is the DVB standard
> describing service information (Google for it).

I tried it out... interesting. But could it be there's a problem with DiSEqC
handling?

dvbtune -f 10773000 -p H -s 22000 -D 3 -i -tone 0

gives me info on the Astra 1 DSL transponder most times, even though I have
Astra 2 hanging on input 3. Repeating the command I occasionally get info on
the Astra 2 transponder on the same frequency... but mostly Astra 1 (which
is input one). Same applies to other inputs (I usually get nothing unless
Astra 1 happens to have a transponder at the frequency given).