[linux-dvb] DVB-CI question

I've had to write all this horrendously complicated buffering code in order to
support the CAM link level interface in the kernel; i.e. taking the
multiplexed packet fragments from multiple connection IDs/slots and
reassembling them into full packets. This means the code is quite quite
nasty; one buffer per connection id PER slot, combined with some complex
locking.

I've just thought: why don't I just return the fragments, and expect the
userspace code to do the defragmentation. Then I could have just two buffers
for each CI slot, and virtually no complexity.

What do you think? It means it wont work with existing apps until they
implement the packet re-assembly code... but thats not exactly hard to do in
userspace. I was going to revamp the DVB CI API a bit anyway (all changes
will have to be agreed by everyone naturally), so I could easily add a new
"CI interface type" for this.