[linux-dvb] Re: is two DVB cards possible?

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 01:53:53AM +0100, Darren wrote:
> I would like to know if its possible to use two DVB cards in the same
> system?

Sure. I'm running a DPANDA(tda1004x+budget-ci) and an Avermedia
(sp887x+dvb-bt8xx) and it works fine.

> I'm trying to run two Nebula cards, I can get data off both cards when
> they are used at different times. However, if I try to run both cards at
> the same time I get the following error, when I start the second card.
>
> "server: bind: Address already in use"

Does that message occur when you load the modules or start some software
to actually use the card? What software are you running to "start" the
second card?

Is it dvbstream by any chance? Looks like both instances of that would
try to use the same TCP/UDP ports, which would give you the above error
message. I don't know what the fix would be for that.

Hamish