[linux-dvb] Re: ALPS-TDMB7 ALPS-TDLB7 tuner problems?

On Monday 29 March 2004 21:36, Juri Haberland wrote:
> Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Hi, my work just gave me one of the ALPS TBMB7 based Nova-USB-t devices,
> > and like others reported, it doesn't tune. I've fixed it in CVS now. Let
> > me know if it helps....
>
> Good work. Using a ALPS-TDLB7 tuner it tunes now much better than
> before, but there are still slow tunings. On the other side: I have the
> impression that it sometimes tunes faster than the old DVB driver.
>
> Actually, maybe the zigzag scan is also the culprit here. Is there a
> simple way to disable it?

Hmm, not really, but you can mess with the timing with the
dvb_override_tune_delay module parameter to dvb-core. It specifies the lock
timeout before moving to the next zigzag step. Maybe you just need to make it
a bit larger for some combinations of frontend parameters (currently its set
to 150ms for the ALPS TDLB7).

If you find a better value, let me know and I'll modify it in the driver
itself.