[linux-dvb] Re: ALPS-TDMB7 ALPS-TDLB7 tuner problems?

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 06:39, Carlo E. Prelz wrote:
> 	Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: ALPS-TDMB7 ALPS-TDLB7 tuner problems?
> 	Date: Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 10:30:29PM +0100
>
> Quoting Andrew de Quincey (adq_dvb@lidskialf.net):
> > > Actually, maybe the zigzag scan is also the culprit here. Is there a
> > > simple way to disable it?
> >
> > Hmm, not really,
>
> Long time ago I had proposed a patch for disabling/enabling zigzag
> with a ioctl call. I need it when using a software I wrote for
> positioning my dish. The patch was not accepted, but I continued to
> modify and upgrade it. It is very simple. I include the latest
> version, based on the current CVS dvb-kernel.
>
> I am not sure if this is the proper way, but it works for me. If you
> want to include it (or something better)into the mainstream source, it
> will make me very happy ;-).

Thanks, I'll have a look. Actually theres something a little like that in the
latest CVS:

Zigzag is still enabled by default, but:

When a DISEQC command is sent, the zigzag code goes into a special "DISEQC"
mode.This basically disables zigzag until the next FE_SET_FRONTEND command...

This was done specifically for people like you with motorized dishes... can
you have a look and see if its what you need?