[linux-dvb] Re: 2.6.6-rc3 is very good!!!

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Gregoire Favre wrote:
> >
> > VDR isn't NPTL compatible, you have to run it with:
> > LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4 vdr
>
> I'm still waiting for somebody to send me a patch that makes
> VDR 1.3.6 "NPTL compatible" (BTW: I was under the impression that
> verion 1.3.6 already was "NPTL compatible").

I still suspect that the SIGIO stuff in vdr/thread.c is
the culprit.

man 2 signal

"NOTES
       The effects of this call in a multi-threaded process are unspecified."

You were just lucky that your code worked with linux-threads.

Maybe using sigaction() fixes it. And BTW it's not NPTLs fault
that linux-threads were not POSIX compatible.

Johannes