[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with DVB-T TT budget 1300/TDA10045+TDM1316L

linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org <> wrote:
> --On den 3 maj 2004 17:24 +0200 Torbjörn Jansson
> <torbjorn.jansson@mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:
>
>> Why not use the dvb-kernel drivers from cvs? dvb-kernel is for 2.4
>> too, just make sure you checkout the proper branch (it was branched
>> a few weeks ago) I don't know if it will help or not since I don't
>> have the same type of dvb card as you have.
>
> Thanks, but the readme says
> "(This won't work with *2.6.x* or a kernel version < 2.4.23, so don't
> even try...)". I actually tried, but since the readme seemed correct I
> decided to follow the advice. :-)
>
> I can of course try with a later 2.4 kernel, but the frontend
> drivers don't differ that much for tda10045, so I just
> backported those parts. But that didn't help. :-(

I think your problem may be similar to what I had at first.
My card (a technotrend dvb-c rev 2.1) woud not lock on to the channels, I
usualy had to try several times to get a lock.
My problems was fixed by some change in the dvb-kernel drivers, I think some
part of the dvb drivers asks the frontend to retune if it doesn't get a
lock, anyway after that change I always get a lock on the first try with
czap. I don't think this was a frontend problem

So I sugest that you upgrade your kernel and try the dvb-kernel drivers,
it's woth a try anyway.

I had more problems with my card, I had bad signal on some channels, if I
moved the card to a different computer the channel with bad signal changed.
I bought a better powersupply, a 350W instead of 300W, it looks like that
improved the signal a quit bit.
Some channels that previously was unwatchable now as zero uncorrectable
errors (unc=0 in czap) and better signal.

Some channels still have errors occasionally.