[linux-dvb] Re: SkyStar2 Rev. 2.6C & hyperthreading

Hi,

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

>>Is the following screenshot of the lockup helpful?
>>
>> http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/dvb/p5033564.jpg
>
> Well maybe. I think there were some spin_lock()s missing
> in the software demux, which I added in CVS (dvb_demux.c).
> Generally the rule is that data which is shared by process
> context and irqs (or between irqs on SMP) must be protected
> by spinlocks. However, the software demux accesses data from
> many software layers, so I am not confident that I fixed
> it for good :-(

It seems, that your changes fixed the issue (at least for me). I've been running a recording on my NOVA-S and watching Euro 1080 HDTV channel with the SkyStar2 during the past 3,5 hours without freezing. Before your changes, it happend reliably within that time, when both cards were working.

Maybe the output of "cat /proc/interrupts" gives enough statistical background to consider the issue fixed:

video:~ # cat /proc/interrupts
CPU0 CPU1
0: 7416156 1 IO-APIC-edge timer
1: 17778 1 IO-APIC-edge i8042