[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C tuning

On Thursday 13 May 2004 19:56, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org <> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a problem with DVB-C. I have a budget Hauppaugue DVB-C card
> > and I cannot tune to the signal using the LinuxDVB drivers and czap.
>
> What do you mean by "cannot tune"? Do you get an error message or just no
> lock?
> Did the modules load properly? What version of the dvb driver are you
> using? Was scan able to get any channels?

Yes, I meant that the czap could not get a signal lock. In fact the status
usually was 0x01 (something above noise level) and once in a few seconds it
jumped 0x07 (something above noise level + found dvb signal + fec is stable)
just to come back to 0x01.

But it never got to 0x1F (signal lock). There's no error message (by czap).

I was using all the following drivers with the same result: 1.0.0-pre3, 1.0.1,
1.1.0 and 1.1.1. Yes, the drivers were loading correctly. With dmesg I saw
that the drivers identified correctly the card.

Scan was never able to higher than status 0x07. What is weird is that in
Windows it's working. (!?).

Aurelian