[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-C tuning

On Thursday 13 May 2004 18:05, Aurelian Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 13 May 2004 19:56, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> > linux-dvb-bounce@linuxtv.org <> wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I have a problem with DVB-C. I have a budget Hauppaugue DVB-C card
> > > and I cannot tune to the signal using the LinuxDVB drivers and czap.
> >
> > What do you mean by "cannot tune"? Do you get an error message or just no
> > lock?
> > Did the modules load properly? What version of the dvb driver are you
> > using? Was scan able to get any channels?
>
> Yes, I meant that the czap could not get a signal lock. In fact the status
> usually was 0x01 (something above noise level) and once in a few seconds it
> jumped 0x07 (something above noise level + found dvb signal + fec is
> stable) just to come back to 0x01.
>
> But it never got to 0x1F (signal lock). There's no error message (by czap).
>
> I was using all the following drivers with the same result: 1.0.0-pre3,
> 1.0.1, 1.1.0 and 1.1.1. Yes, the drivers were loading correctly. With dmesg
> I saw that the drivers identified correctly the card.
>
> Scan was never able to higher than status 0x07. What is weird is that in
> Windows it's working. (!?).

What frontend are you using?

Are you using the recent CVS code, or the drivers from kernel >2.6.4?

If so, try adding:

"options dvb-core dvb_override_tune_delay=300 dvb_frontend_debug=1"

to modules.conf, or wherever is appropriate and see if it does any better.
This will enable debugging, and increase the time spent whilst trying to lock
to 300ms temporarily, which might be the issue here. If this is still
unreliable, try increasing the dvb_override_tune_delay gradually until you
find one which works (if you do that is).

Can you let me know how it goes? If you find a value that works well, I'll add
it in as the default for that frontend.