[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge NOVA-T and unresolved symbols under gentoo

Thanks for the help so far - it was that the gentoo kernel (using the genkernel tool) didnt seem to include v4l support or make the modules. Ive now compiled 2.6.5 gentoo-dev-sources with dvb support.

Now instead I get the following from dmesg | grep dvb:

saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'budget_patch dvb'.
saa7146: register extension 'dvb'.

I dont get any of the

saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem 2284d000 (revision 1, irq 11) (0x13c2,0x1005).
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T PCI).
TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T PCI adapter 0 has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:1f:20:ea

which Ive seen on some forums. What am I doing wrong?

Ive tried both compiling in dvb, and using loadable modules. When I compile the kernel, it doesn't give me the option of specifying where dvb-ttpci-01.fw is - although I've put it where the readme specifies in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware anyway. Could this be the problem?

Also, I don't have any files in the /dev/dvb/adapter0 directory, even after downloading and running MAKEDEV-DVB.sh in the linuxtv-dvb tarball.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Steveybaby2