[linux-dvb] Re: Typhoon CI (budget-ci)

From: "Kenneth Aafløy" <ke-aa@frisurf.no>
> I still can't read anything in this mode (every read returns 0),
> which leads me to my question. What is this polling mode you talk
> about?

Not the problem at this point. The Typhoon CI may use a different memory
mapping than the TT CI. You might want to dump the entire DEBI address
range (0x0000 through 0xFFFF) and look for the strings that Andrew
mentioned. Note that the attribute memory is only using _even_ addresses.

FWIW, the TT CI memory map is:

0x0000 through 0x0FFF: CI GAL chip (only 1 byte)
0x1000 through 0x1FFF: PCMCIA I/O space
0x2000 through 0x2FFF: unused (may be PCMCIA shared memory)
0x3000 through 0x3FFF: PCMCIA attribute memory

0x4000 through 0x7FFF: same for CI slot 1 (not implemented in hardware)
0x8000 through 0xBFFF: same for CI slot 2 (not implemented in hardware)
0xC000 through 0xFFFF: same for CI slot 3 (not implemented in hardware)

> I'm also wondering about the XIRQ_EN mode of the debi, because that
> also use gpio3. saa7146:7.15 mentions putting a block transfer on
> hold by lowering gpio3, then beeing able to resume the transfer by
> lifting it again. Is that the only speciality of this mode?
> Does it have side effects?

That feature is not used, you can safely disregard it.

> What is strange when in this configuration is that inserting/ejecting
> the cam actually locks possibly the pci bus long enough to pause my
> livetv mythtv session for a fraction of a second. So possibly there
> is still something wrong here too.

Note that the MPEG-2 transport stream will be re-routed through the CAM
upon insertion/removal, and that EN50221 specifically allows for some
packets to be lost during that time. That will result in the image pausing
for a while as the MPEG-2 decoder needs to pause until it gets the next
I-Frame.

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach