[linux-dvb] Re: Types and capabilites for HDTV ATSC.

I applied your proposed changes to the dvb-kernel CVS frontend.h file. You probably also need to add a struct dvb_atsc_parameters atsc to struct dvb_frontend_parameters parameter union, right?

It would then look like this:

struct dvb_atsc_parameters {
fe_modulation_t modulation;
/* anything more? maybe 8VSB or 16VSB? */
};

struct dvb_frontend_parameters {
__u32 frequency;
fe_spectral_inversion_t inversion;
union {
struct dvb_qpsk_parameters qpsk;
struct dvb_qam_parameters qam;
struct dvb_ofdm_parameters ofdm;
struct dvb_atsc_parameters atsc;
} u;
};

Mac Michaels wrote:
After adding feedback from dvb-linux posts here is a summary of additions for supporting ATSC frontends in DVB.

In the frontend.h header file:

Add a new fe_type

FE_ATSC

Add two new capabilities to fe_caps

FE_CAN_8VSB = 0x200000,
FE_CAN_16VSB = 0x400000,

8VSB is for ATSC in the U.S. I don't know where 16VSB is used, but the LGDT3302 supports it

Mac Michaels