[linux-dvb] Re: Types and capabilites for HDTV ATSC.

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004, Holger Waechtler wrote:

> I applied your proposed changes to the dvb-kernel CVS frontend.h file.
> You probably also need to add a struct dvb_atsc_parameters atsc to
> struct dvb_frontend_parameters parameter union, right?
>
> It would then look like this:
>

> struct dvb_atsc_parameters {
> 	fe_modulation_t  modulation;
> 	/* anything more? maybe 8VSB or 16VSB? */
> };
>

> struct dvb_frontend_parameters {
>          __u32 frequency;
>          fe_spectral_inversion_t inversion;
>          union {
>                  struct dvb_qpsk_parameters qpsk;
>                  struct dvb_qam_parameters  qam;
>                  struct dvb_ofdm_parameters ofdm;
>                  struct dvb_atsc_parameters atsc;
>          } u;
> };

Hmmm, shouldn't it be dvb_vsb_parameters not dvb_atsc_parameters? Or maybe
atsc_vsb_parameters. After all, ATSC can also be carried over cable via
QAM (right? I assume that is why everyone in the US wants cards that can
do QAM (and I assume they don't convert the PSI to DVB))

{P^/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index