[linux-dvb] Re: Userspace Headers in cvs?

> > Would it be possible to check in a current copy of the 2.6.x kernel
> > Userspace headers in the cvs dvb-kernel tree?
>
> I don't know what you mean.

I am refering to the Userspace headers located in /usr/include/linux/dvb.
They are not quite the same as the actual Kernel Headers located in the
dvb-kernel directory.  For example, VDR will fail to compile if you try to
link in the headers from ./dvb-kernel/linux/include/linux/dvb/ (audio.h
ca.h  dmx.h  frontend.h  net.h  osd.h  version.h  video.h).  From my brief
understanding of how linux works, linux uses two sets of header files. The
first set is for the Kernel and the second set is for Userspace (to keep a
separation between the two).  The problem is that the version of the
Userspace header on my box (in /usr/include/linux/dvb/) is still not as
current as the cvs dvb-kernel headers I am using.  I hope I explained that
correctly.

-C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index