[linux-dvb] Re: Problems moving from 2.4 drivers to 2.6 drivers

Well the only thing I can see is that your kernel detects a different front end from mine.

Here is what dmesg says on my 2.6.7 kernel:

"saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.

saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb /w video in'.

saa7146: register extension 'budget_ci dvb'.

saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem e09f3000 (revision 1, irq 17) (0x13c2,0x1011).

DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T PCI).

tda1004x: Detected Philips TDA10045H.

tda1004x: Detected Philips TD1316 tuner.

tda1004x_fwupload: Unable to open firmware /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/tda1004x.bin

TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-T PCI adapter 0 has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:22:0b:bf

saa7146: register extension 'budget_patch dvb'.

saa7146: register extension 'dvb'."

So as you can see I am similarly stuck. Worse still in my case it appears to be trying to upload firmware for the wrong brand of card. Of course you do know I expect that DVB support is supposed to be included directly in the 2.6x kernels so in theory at least, you shouldn't have to build any support directly outside the kernel. I'm not sure how well that works in practice though.

I suspect perhaps in both our cases there is some form of misidentification at play.

Why this would be the case is an issue I am unfortunately not in a position to understand.

GJ

Home | Main Index | Thread Index