[linux-dvb] Re: tda1004x can't tune certain channels first

I have a Hauppauge Nova-T with the TDA10045H front end, and I have never
seen this behaviour. I've used it with FC2 2.6.7 and a custom built
kernel.org 2.6.8.1 with CVS DVB drivers.

Just adding a data point :-) Sounds like something to do with your card.

Ben.

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 23:58, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a "DPANDA" card which uses the tda1004x (TDA10045H) and budget-ci
> drivers. I have two problems:
>
> 1. I power-cycled the machine this morning and the card wasn't
> recognised (no messages from tda1004x in the log). Rebooted and it was fine.
> Cycled again this evening and it's fine too. Never seen this before.
>
> 2. I can't tune one particular channel first. It just won't lock. Tuning
> to another then back again works. I had this problem a while ago and it
> seemed to be fixed at about the same time as another one (which was that
> if it lost lock, it wouldn't regain it if the signal returned). However
> it's happening to me now with kernel 2.6.8.1, and I think I saw it in
> 2.6.7 also. Is this likely to be a hardware bug, or a driver bug?
> It's reliably reproducable here.
>

> thanks
> Hamish

Home | Main Index | Thread Index