[linux-dvb] Re: 5 months and counting...

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 01:41 +0100, raid517 wrote:
> Well maybe this is a record, but I have been trying on ond off for about
> 5 months now to get my TV card working in Linux.
>
> In that time I have tried maybe 8 different distros (although I am now
> settled on Debian with no intention of switching).
>
> I think unless any of you guys have any more suggestions it may be time
> to give up.
>
> Everything seems as it should be. I have a winTV nova-t card, the
> drivers and (as far as I can tell) the firmware is loaded, the script
> MAKEDEV-DVB.sh to create the correct devices in /dev/dvb ran without a
> glitch, lspci and modprobe lists my drivers and card type as being in
> agreement, cat /proc/devices gives 212 DVB as my major DVB device number
> - everything *seems* to be singing in harmony.

Is this the nova-t model 90002?

>  Yet when I run the
> command ./scan dvb-t/uk-Fenham I just get the same old output I have
> always got:
>
> ./scan dvb-t/uk-Fenham
> scanning dvb-t/uk-Fenham
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> main:1882: FATAL: failed to open '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0': 19 No
> such device

One way to check that the frontend is correctly loaded is to check with
"xawtv -hwls". It will list any dvb devices it find correctly loaded and
will let you scan for channels. You need a recent xawtv 4 snapshot from
http://dl.bytesex.org/cvs-snapshots/

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index