[linux-dvb] Re: Success at last: AverMedia DVB-T + FusionHDTV DVB-T Lite

[...]
> > Hello,
> >
> > yesterday I have tried
> > + vanilla Linux 2.6.10.-rc1
> > + second patchset from www.bytesex.org for the Linux 2.6.10.-rc1
> > + kernel dvb-kernel cvs from Thursday evening.
> > I still have the problem of a break every two seconds or so. I
> > recorded some length of the film with vdr-1.3.12 -Pskincurses.
> > Watching the recording shows the breakes in the recording.
> >
> > What was the cvs-version you have used?
>
> I updated my cvs copy on Oct 30.
>
> In case this helps, here's the build process I used:
>
> 1. Started with stock kernel 2.6.10-rc1 (no patches),
> configured with V4L, BT848, DVB_CORE, SP887X, DVB_BT8XX and
> MT352 as modules, built and installed.
>
> 2. Updated dvb-kernel source tree from CVS on Oct. 30th, 5PM AEST.
>
> 3. Built dvb-kernel with make BTTV=1. Here I got some compile
> errors, I had to disable a module in the Makefile to get it
> to finish (I forget which one).
>
> 4. Replaced kernel DVB modules with new ones:
>
>          rm -rf /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/*
>          mkdir /lib/modules/`uname -r`/dvb
>          cd dvb-kernel/build-2.6
>          cp *.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/dvb
>          depmod -a
>
> 5. Load modules:
>
>          modprobe v4l1-compat
>          modprobe bttv
>          modprobe dst
>          modprobe dvb-bt8xx
>          modprobe mt352
>
> HTH, Itai

Hello Itai,

I guess this will help a lot. Since I have used the patches from Gerd Knorr as well (for the
remote support) it might narrow this down to a problem in this patches.

I hope I can try it this afternoon.

By Malte

Home | Main Index | Thread Index