[linux-dvb] Re: Success at last: AverMedia DVB-T + FusionHDTVDVB-T Lite

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 23:39, Itai Tavor wrote:
> On 01/11/2004, at 11:35 PM, <Malte.Grunwald@beb.de> wrote:
> > yesterday I have tried
> > + vanilla Linux 2.6.10.-rc1
> > + second patchset from www.bytesex.org for the Linux 2.6.10.-rc1 kernel
> > + dvb-kernel cvs from Thursday evening.
> > I still have the problem of a break every two seconds or so. I recorded
> > some
> > length of the film with vdr-1.3.12 -Pskincurses. Watching the recording
> > shows
> > the breakes in the recording.

I had this problem when I switched from FC1 to Gentoo as my underlying
OS. I realised last night that the reason was that my disk drive wasnt
tuned properly. Have a (cautious) play with hdparm. Do you still get the
jumps when using xine to watch dvb directly? I didnt and I assume its
because it buffers in memory (tho i havent checked) rather than on disk.

btw this is an Avermedia 761. I'm using kernel 2.6.8.1 because the
nvidia driver wont play with anything newer. I applied the 2.6.9-rc1
version of the v4l patch and a recent cvs of the dvb drivers.

Dont expect any of the QAM64 channels to work in any watchable way tho.
This rules out ITV1 ITV2 channel4 etc. going to have to get an analogue
card too!

GREG

--
Greg Matthews