[linux-dvb] Re: Leadtek LR6650 (Conexant) scan / lock problems

From: "Andrew de Quincey" <adq_dvb@lidskialf.net>
> Have you tried testing it under windows?
> At least then we'd know for sure if it was a driver problem...

We wouldn't. The Conexant Windows driver is terribly bugged. The driver
spends a "random delay" of up to ~2 seconds before returning control when
submitting a tune requests, doesn't implement hardware acquisition right,
and should you ever kill the process using the card, it'll then be "stuck"
on the last tuned frequency until you reboot the machine.

I had actually made a detailed offer to Conexant to fix the drivers for
them _months ago_, but they just turned silent after some discussion. There
have since been a couple new driver releases, but none of the serious bugs
have been fixed. It appears Conexant has $0 to spend on driver development.

Well, if they only want to sell to Linux users, they should at least have
the decency to publish the hardware documentation so that the Linux
enthusiasts can write $0 drivers for their hardware...

Regards,
--
Robert Schlabbach
e-mail: robert_s@gmx.net