[linux-dvb] Coding style (was: Re: Re: cinergyT2: which kernel/usb module to use?)

Hey guys, everybody shall use the coding style he likes!

w-thiel@gmx.net wrote:
> concerning this philosophical issues:
> I can only say that I hate your coding, and that I soon have to give
> up to try to understand your code.

Hm, if you really have problems you may want to use your favorite source
code formatter...

> Unfortunately, even most of the plugin writers seem to think that
> they have to convert their code to your ugly coding style.

Afaik that's not true, at least for the plugins I'm using here.
(And it's definitely not true for my plugins.)

> No offence meant: I simply find your code unreadable, perhaps, because
> of having read too much linux kernel sources.
>
> Ehm: I have never seen your coding style anywhere else.
>
> What's wrong about:
>
> if (something) {
> 	doit();
> } else {
> 	that();
> 	and_that();
> }
> IMHO, this is perfectly readable.

Sorry, the kernel gurus will kill you. :D
In kernel code you *have* to write:

| if (something)
| 	doit();
| else {
| 	that();
| 	and_that();
| }

SCNR

Anyway, I prefer something like this:

| if (something)
|	doit();
| else
| {
| 	that();
|	and_that();
| }

Well, I always knew that there is a philosopher inside me.

Oliver

P.S.:
If you hire me you can get any coding-style you want. ;-)

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://www.escape-edv.de/endriss/vdr/