[linux-dvb] Re: Problems tuning a wintv nova-t

Quoting Jukka Tastula <jukka.tastula@kotinet.com>:

> On Tuesday 30 November 2004 11:56, Ilkka Lindblom wrote:
> > It seems the correct parameters only "last" for less than 10 seconds.
> > Getting any kind of data out of the card does not seem to be possible.
> > Any idea what is going astray here?
>
> You need to keep dvbtune or tzap running or load the dvb-core module with
> parameter dvb_shutdown_timeout=0. It's some kind of power saving feature
> meaning it shuts down the card when it's not being used. Those things like
> to get hot when used and most people probably don't want that.

Thanks, that parameter did the trick.

My problems didn't end there though, I can tune the card to 562mhz and use
dvbsnoop fine, but at 658mhz it doesn't seem to work at all. I get FE_HAS_SYNC
etc when tuning, but trying to run dvbsnoop on pid 16 does not return anything,
ever. Could this be further driver/configuration issues or is something broken
here?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index