[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge WinTV Nova-S SE ----> Unknown device 1016

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
Obviously it would be good to support the card; however, if you're looking to actually _use_ the card in the near future, I'd say return it quickly. If it is using the PN1010, I can't can say when it would be supported - if the docs are unavailable, it would be a matter of taking the windows drivers apart, which could take a while.
Well, as there is the possibility that inside the tin box there is this unknown PN1010, I'll try to evaluate if the tin box can be safely opened whithoult scratching or something, to be able to still return the card. But if it's the S5H1420 for which there is some documentation, do you think it's doable? For now, this card is not installed yet in my HTPC on which I'm using VDR & Freevo, but in my desktop PC, which is dual-booting linux and windows. But I might consider also the fact that in my 4/1 Diseqc switch setup this card doesn't seem to do a perfect job under windows either. It seems to have switching problems, I can only reliable switch to channels on the first LNB, but not on the other 3.
Maybe I should I try the Technotrend BDA driver/App under Windows. I first thought it's only for DVB-T according to the info on their HP, but now I looked in the INF-Files, too. Maybe I'll keep the card if the BDA drivers work better, the tinbox can be opened and there is the Samsung S5H1420 demodulator inside. I'll see tonight after work...

Lucian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index