[linux-dvb] Re: Insmod script - ideas wanted

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 11:07, Helmut Auer wrote:

> I'd like to have script, which just loads the needed modules instead of all ( as its done by
> insmod.sh ).
> Any ideas what else I can try ?

I am doing it that way, but with kernel 2.4, a cvs export of dvb-kernel
and modprobe (without any info on dvb and modules in modules.conf): my
script loads card driver by card driver (dvb-ttpci, skystar2 and so on)
and trys every frontend module for each card driver (ves1x93, alps_tdlb7
and so on). After loading a frontend the script looks if the module ref
count is greater 0.

I've needed a small patch for some frontend modules to register as i2c
device with THIS_MODULE, but not NULL (has been discussed on this list a
while ago). There are some tricks involved regarding some special front
end parameters (card type for airstar2 and bttv specific forced unloads
etc.)

The script has been published as postinst script part of my (inoffical)
Debian linuxtv-dvb-package at
ftp://ftp.heise.de/pub/ct/projekte/vdr/sarge/stable/source/base/. Mail
me personally, if you like to know more.

Peter

Home | Main Index | Thread Index